Looking for the best badminton racket in India?
Well, you are on the right page.
Badminton is one of the most popular sports cum workouts in India. Even playing badminton for only 30 minutes helps to burn about 270-290 calories. To enjoy the perfect badminton experience you will need to have a good grip on the right racket.
The best badminton racket in India will offer a fast and controlled swing and completely direct the game on the court.
When you are not very aware of different brands of rackets available in the market, then choosing the best badminton racket in India can be a tedious job.
Here in this article, we have told you everything you need to know about the best badminton racket in India.
Also Read: Top Cricket Helmets Online
How To Choose The Best Badminton Racket In India
When you are a first-time buyer choosing the best badminton racket can be a very tough job. If we talk about the Indian market, then a good badminton racket will cost around a minimum of 2000 bucks.
Before we list the top 10 best badminton racket in India for you, let’s check some basic things you should definitely know before buying a badminton racket.
A badminton racket has 6 parts. The head, that contains the frame and the string, the throat, the shaft, and the handle.
1. Weight of the Racket
You need to remember the lighter the racket is the easier it will be to handle as they will allow you to serve more efficiently and quickly. These rackets are also easier to control.
Usually, in the case of badminton rackets, the weight is represented by ‘U’.
Generally, badminton rackets come in 6 different weights.
- 1U: 95-100g
- 2U: 90-94g
- 3U: 85-89g
- 4U: 80-84g
- 5U: 75-79g
- 6U: 70-74g
A beginner badminton racket that weighs 3U (85-89g) is recommended. Professional double players usually go for 4U rackets, and single players select between 3U to 1U.
2. String Tension of the Racket
Another most important feature of the best badminton racket in India is the string tension. To test the string tension, notice how far the string sinks when you press the palm against the string.
For a power-player, the strings should have higher tension. But for a beginner, a good starting point can be 22-23 lbs. The ideal tension of the string is 1 mm.
But remember string tension can vary depending on the environment and temperature. For hotter places, the higher string tension is required but rackets in colder regions require lighter tension.
3. Head Balance Point Of the Racket
The balance of the head is another important feature to check before you buy the best badminton racket in India. Place your finger below the head of your racket and check the way it tilts.
The badminton rackets come in three categories.
These types of rackets have less weight on its head. It is easier to control and swing the other two types. Head-light badminton rackets are suitable for double players who need to react quickly and to increase the speed at the net.
Here, the head of the racket weighs more than the body. head -heavy rackets are best for the power players who produce lengthy exchanges. Compared to head-light rackets, heavy-head rackets can increase the power of the stroke of the player.
This is the middle one of head-light and head-heavy rackets. This racket is a perfect choice for beginners.
4. Shaft Flexibility of the Racket
Just like the weight and balance of the racket, the flexibility of the shaft is another utmost important feature that you should check before buying the best badminton racket in India. The shaft flexibility is categorized into three types.
The flexible shaft is perfect for the beginners, as it provides a slow and smooth swing.
As the name suggested, it provides a still and explosive swing of the racket.
It is highly suitable for beginner players as it allows the racket to hit the shuttle way further.
5. Frame Shape of the Racket
Traditional badminton rackets have an oval-shaped head frame. But now some badminton brands have started manufacturing rackets with the isometric head shape.
- Isometric head shape has a larger sweet spot than the oval head-shaped rackets.
- Oval shaped racket provides a concentrated control over the shuttlecock whereas isometric head shape helps to hit the shuttlecock more swiftly.
- Isometric head shape is perfect for beginners and oval is perfect for the professionals.
6. Grip Size of the Racket
The grip size of the badminton racket is denoted by ‘G’. Usually, the grip size comes with 6 varieties.
- G1: 4 inches
- G2: 3.75 inches
- G3: 3.5 inches
- G4: 3 inches
- G5: 3inches
- G6: 2.75inches
The grip size of the best badminton racket varies according to the player’s personal preferences.
Top 10 Best Badminton Racket In India – 2021
There are many brands that manufacture badminton rackets and choosing the right one can be a tough job. Here in this section, we have enlisted the top 10 best badminton rackets in India.
10. Kamachi 7000 Carbon-Steel Badminton Racquet, G2-3 1/4-inch
Kamachi 7000 Carbon-Steel Badminton Racquet, G2-3 1/4-inch comes at the 10th on our list of best badminton racket in India. This is designed for playing in attacking mode. But this is only suitable for beginner levels and has a good quality frame. Play badminton smoothly without any hazards using Kamachi.
- Dimension: 71.1 x 24.1 x 4.3 Centimeters
- Made with a good quality frame
- Good for beginners
- Has medium flexibility
- It’s sturdy since made of carbon fiber and steel
- In-box contents: 1 badminton racquet
9. Cosco Cbx-450 Badminton Racquet
Cosco Cbx-450 Badminton Racquet is made with aluminum and carbon material and is one of the best rackets for beginners. but it is not so good for power-players. We have Cosco Cbx-450 Badminton Racquet at the 9th position of our list of best badminton rackets in India.
- It has a jointless graphite shaft
- This racket has an isometric head shape
- The height of the racket is 28 inches
- Weight of this racket: 100 g
- The beamwidth of this Cosco racket is 20.5 mm
- Great for beginners
8. Apacs Z-Ziggler Grey Strung Badminton Racquet – with Full Cover
Z-Ziggler technology is designed to provide faster and sharper smashes. This racket is made with a ‘triple-speed netting play’ that gives great handling and power. This racket comes with a compact frame and an extra slim shaft that reduces air resistance. Apacs Z-Ziggler Grey Strung Badminton Racquet comes at 8th position on our list of best rackets in India.
- The shaft and frame are made with graphite
- It has an isometric quad voltaic head frame
- The length of the racket is 672 mm
- This has a 6.4 mm super slim shaft diameter
- The grommet system has 76 holes
- This racket weighs 100 g
- In-Box Contents: 1 Piece Strung Badminton Racket with cover
- The grip size is 8.25 cm G4
7. Head Airflow 5000 HM Graphite Badminton Racquets, G4
This graphite made badminton racket has flexible string tension. The full coverage G4 grip racket is really lightweight. This airflow series is unique with a combination of power and a lighter feel. Head Airflow 5000 HM Graphite Badminton Racquets ranks 7th on our list of best badminton rackets in India.
- The racket is made with graphite
- It is a heavy head badminton racket
- The racket has medium flexibility
- This product has string tension from 22 up to 28 lbs
- It uses a G4 grip size
- The racket has both aero and box frame shapes
- This product weighs 76 g only
6. Ashaway Super Light 10 Strung Racquet with Full Cover
Ashaway Super Light 10 Strung Racquet with Full Cover comes at 6th on our list of best badminton rackets in India. This racket is made with ultra 40 T high modulus graphite and has an isometric head shape. The tension rises up to 26 lbs. As the name suggested the Ashaway Super Light 10 Strung Racquet with full coverage is a very lightweight racket.
- This racket is made with ultra 40 T high modulus graphite
- It weighs only 76 grams
- The grip size of this racket is 9.52 cm G2
- The beamwidth is only 33 mm
- The length of the racket is 26.5 inches
- It is ideal for senior-level players
- It has an isometric head shape
- This product provides a 303 mm racket balance
5. Victor Brave Sword 1900 G5 Speed Series Strung Badminton Racket
Victor’s brave badminton racket is usually made of graphite and resin. It has a stiff frame that adds flexibility in shots. It has a string tension of 20-22 lb. This 650 mm long racket provides a sturdy and comfortable grip. The 20 lbs string tension provides power shots and is perfect for beginners as well as for professional players. Victor Brave Sword 1900 G5 Speed Series Strung Badminton Racket comes at 5th on our list of best badminton rackets in India.
- It is made of graphite and resin
- This product has a string tension of 20 lbs
- The height of the racket is 675 mm
- It has a wind-resistant isometric head
- The head size of this racket is 53 sq/in
- This racket has a G3 7.62 cm grip size
- It has a beamwidth of 10 mm
- This product weighs 83 g
4. Carlton Blade 3000 Strung Badminton Racquet G1
Carlton Blade 3000 Strung Badminton Racquet G1 comes at 4rth on our list of best badminton rackets in India. This oval frame racket has a micro grommet system that helps to retain the tension to the string. It has Nano pulse technology that stresses the frame to its greatest extent and also has Kevlar technology that makes it stronger, and durable.
- The shaft is made with titanium alloy
- It has a G1 grip: 4 1/8 inches
- Weight: 85 Grams
- Balance: 290 MM
- Length: 675 MM
- Tension : 28-30 LBS
- Has an extendable string tension
- The isometric head is wind-resistant
- In Box: Badminton Racket + Cover
3. Yonex Nanoray 900 Badminton Racquet
We have Yonex Nanoray 900 Badminton Racquet at the 3rd on our list of best badminton rackets in India. It has a new frame that provides a complete smash angle and suppresses the angle of the shuttlecock. This light head badminton racket is perfect for advanced level players. It has a power rating of 4 out of 5 and a control rating of 5 out of 5 stars.
- It has an isometric head shape
- The shaft is made withH.M. Graphite, X-Fullerene, Ultra PF
- Has a Built T-joint
- Weight – 85 to 90 gm
- The Grip Size – G4
- This flexible racket has a recommended string tension of 19-24 lbs
- It has a beamwidth of 28 mm
- Dimensions: 70 x 23 x 2.4 Centimeters
- In box contents: 1 Badminton Racquet with Full Cover
2. Li-Ning AIR-Stream N-99 [Gold Medal Edition] Badminton Racquet
We have Li-Ning AIR-Stream N-99 [Gold Medal Edition] Badminton Racquet at 2nd on our list of best badminton rackets in India. This N99 racket comes with airstream technology that is specially designed for big power shots. It is made with military-grade carbon fiber and hence is sturdy.
- It comes in a premium thermal case
- The racket is made with military-grade carbon fiber
- Grip Size: Extra small 9.52 cm (G2)
- The overall length of this racket: 675 mm
- This racket provides vertical tension up to 24-25 lbs and horizontal tension up to 26-30 lbs
- It comes with a stabilized torsion angle that improves accuracy and consistency
- The Aerotech beam maintains the strength of the frame
- It comes with a dynamic optimum frame for both offensive and defensive play
- In-Box Contents: 1 Badminton Racquet with full cover
1. Yonex Voltric Z Force II Strung Badminton Racquet
Yonex Voltric Z Force II Strung Badminton Racquet is a perfect racket for the senior-level professional player. This graphite made full cover badminton racket has a G4 3.25 inches grip size and it uses a tri-voltage system that provides a combination of speedy racket handling and heavy smashes. This racket is the topper on our list of best badminton rackets in India.
- It comes in a premium thermal case
- The shaft is tungsten and high modulus graphite made
- Has a G4 grip size for stability
- 20 mm beamwidth provides great flexibility
- Has a wind-resistant isometric head
- Grip Size: G4 (3.25 Inches)
- Weight: 4U (80-84.9 grams)
- In-Box Contents: 1 Badminton Racquet With Full Cover
Frequently Asked Questions About The Best Badminton Racket In India
Still, a few questions lingering in your mind? Let’s check them.
1. What is the best brand of badminton racket?
Ans: There are many best brands of badminton rackets like Yonex, Li Ning, Cosco, Victor, etc. in India. We have listed the top 10 best ones for you.
2. Which is the best Yonex badminton racket?
Ans: Yonex Voltric Z Force II Strung Badminton Racquet is the best badminton racket in India.
3. How do I choose a badminton racket?
Ans: There are a few factors you should check before buying the best badminton racket in India.
4. Which badminton racket is best for Smash?
Ans: We have enlisted the top 10 badminton rackets that are best for smash like Yonex, Li ing, Apacs, Cosco, Victor, etc.
5. What tension should a badminton racket be?
Ans: A badminton racket should have flexible tension. A medium tension of 24-26 lbs for beginners and intermediate players. An advanced and professional player should have high tension from 26 to 30 lbs.
Also Read: Classic Board Games
We have come to the end of the list of the top best badminton rackets in India. These rackets are perfect for beginners as well as for professional players. Check the buyer’s guide properly and select yourself the best badminton racket in India.
Did you like this article? Do you think we should add anything else to the list? So you have any more questions? Tell us about your personal preferences and do not forget to share your valuable feedback in the comment section below.