What Are Drawing Pencils?
First, let’s discuss what drawing pencils are. These tools will determine how smooth and how hard they will be. Graphite pencils are the most common, and you may prefer them over coloured pencils for a more realistic result. Coloured pencils are harder than graphite pencils and may require an extra stylus for blending. Here are some tips to help you choose the right drawing pencil.
Water-soluble graphite pencils are typically used for sketching, and their sharp tip makes them perfect for dark, inky lines. To experiment with different pencils, scrape the lead tip on wet paper. Wet surfaces also hold the lead better and create interesting textures. However, wetting or drying the lead will affect its durability. Consequently, the pencils should be stored after you have finished your work.
A good way to differentiate between graphite and clay-based pencils is to check the numbers on the pencil. Each number represents a different degree of hardness and smoothness. For example, HB pencils are harder than A pencils and are better suited for light-coloured sketching work. Conversely, H pencils are harder than B pencils, leaving ugly indentations. B pencils are better for sketching because they are less likely to produce smudges or indentations.
Soft-lead pencils are also great for sketching fauna. Soft lead pencils are easier to shade with thin paper and easily erase with a pencil eraser. You can also sharpen a pencil to make thin lines. You can buy many different pencils based on what kind of drawing you are creating. Remember that the right pencil can make all the difference in your final results. You should also consider how light or dark your pencils are.
We have compiled a list of the Best Drawing Pencils available in India regarding their popularity, with Staedtler topping our list.
Staedtler Mars Lumograph Drawing Pencil for Design and Drafting – Pack of 12
It is a popular choice for artists and gives perfect shading with various black shades. The pencils glide smoothly and with ease on paper.
- An excellent grade graphite drawing pencil
- It is a specially formulated lead that produces results with a metallic sheen in a wide range of grey tones.
- It is particularly well suited for writing, drawing, sketching, and hatching on paper and professional graphic and artistic applications on matt drawing film and other surfaces.
- Due to a particular lead formulation and super-bonded lead lines, the break resistance of the lead is extremely high.
- It comes in a tin can of 12 pencils (6B, 5B, 4B, 3B, 2B, B, HB, F, H, 2H, 3H, 4H).
- The pencils are highly-priced but worth investing in.
Brustro Artists Fineart Graphite Pencil Set of 12 (10B-2H) with Elegant Tin Box
The high-quality pencils, suitable for both professionals and students, are gentle on the paper surface, preventing scratches, and can be easily wiped with a simple eraser or putty rubber. The pencils are great for expressive sketching, shading, realistic photo drawings, and creative illustrations.
- A comfortable grip comes with the hexagonal design of the handle, which is made of lighter wood and outstanding leads of finely powdered graphite and clay that are break-resistant.
- The product is gentle on the paper surface, does not scratch it, and is easily erasable.
- It is appropriate for both professionals and students. Photographic realistic drawings, imaginative illustrations, and all types of sketching are possible with this programme.
- The package comprises 12 pre-sharpened graphite pencils of various degrees of sharpness.
- 10B, 8B, 7B, 6B, 5B, 4B, 3B, 2B, B, HB, H, and 2H, all packaged in a visually attractive tin box.
Electomania Drawing Pencils and Sketch Kit,33-Pieces Professional Sketch Pencils Set Includes Graphite Pencils, Charcoal Pencils, Charcoal Sticks, Graphite Sticks, Paper Erasable Pen, Sandpaper.
This professional drawing set keeps everything well organised, making it a perfect travel set. It comes in a zipper case, complete with a convenient pop-up stand!
- The pencil is made of environmentally friendly wood, with a high-quality refill that is safe and non-toxic, and it isn’t easy to fold. It has clear lines and grayscale accuracy, and it is long-lasting.
- Black and white grey rough backdrop colour is created with pencil and charcoal for varying light and dark tone areas.
- Lightening the dark areas of a photograph and removing lead particles from the paper are two uses of plastic rubber.
- Pencils in the HB range are best for general writing, while those in the (2H2B) and (6H2H) ranges are best for gypsum sketches, still life drawings in complex depiction, and scenery renderings. Pencils in the (2B6B) range are best for scenery renderings, while those in the (6B8B) content are best for technical drawings and head image processing.
- The Art Tool Kit includes：12 sketch pens（2H/3H/4H/5H/HB/B/2B/3B/4B/5B/6B/8B）,3 Charcoal pencils (Soft / Medium / Hard)，1 Metal art knife，1 Dual Head Pencil Extender，3 x Paper Erasable Pen（Small / Medium / Large），3 x Graphite sticks,3 x Charcoal sticks,1 x Soft rubber Sassafras，1 Hard rubber Sassafras. 1 x Woodless graphite pencil,1 x single hole pencil sharpener, 1 x double-hole metal pencil, 1 x Sandpaper.
Kurtzy Artist Pencil for Sketching Drawing Art Pack of 12 with Metal Case B 2B 3B 4B 5B 6B 7B 8B HB H 2H F
- Natural wood and high-quality graphite are used in the construction of this tool.
- These hexagonal-shaped natural wood pencils have thick, soft leads.
- You can draw at an angle of up to 20 degrees using the different hardness levels of the pencils.
- It doesn’t matter if you want to draw freehand or in minute detail; these pencils can handle it.
- Because of its hexagonal structure, slim profile, and comfortable grip, it’s the perfect combination of form and function.
- Contains 12 Types of sketching pencils – B 2B 3B 4B 5B 6B 7B 8B HB H 2H F with Metal Case.
Bianyo Artist Quality Fine Art Drawing & Sketching Pencils (2H-12B), 12 Piece Set
Due to the thickness and suppleness of the leads, Bianyo graphite sketching pencils make an indelible impression. Details line work, shading, cross-hatching and other techniques are made possible via their precise control.
- Pencils are sturdy, and the graphite is uniform; strips sharpen to a good, long-lasting point; and the pencils blend and smudge beautifully with ease.
- They come in natural wood barrels with a slim, easy-to-grip design and high-quality graphite that is easy to sharpen and break-resistant.
- The Dark and Soft B Pencil is a good option for smudging. Choose an H Pencil that will hold its point if you want to draw fine, straight lines. The degree is printed on the end of the pencil barrel to make it easy to distinguish between them.
- The Bianyo 12 Pre-sharpened Sketching Pencil Set includes 2H, H, HB, B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 5B, 6B, 8B 10B, 12B.
Faber Castell Graded Drawing Pencil – Pack of 6 (Black)
These pencils are sent in a pre-sharpened state and are ready to use right away. When it comes to graded pencils, this set is a great choice if you want a completely thorough set and will meet all of your drawing requirements.
- Pencil with phthalate-free lacquer that can be used for drawing, sketching, hatching, shading, shorthand, and computer stationery.
- Set of 6 drawing pencils in Graphite material, including 2b, 3b, 4b, 5b, 6b, and 8b graded pencils with fine tip.
SYGA Professional Sketch and Drawing Pencils, Art Pencil Box Contains 12 Pieces Set
The pencils are not only excellent for drawing and sketching, but they are also excellent for colouring. They are also excellent for fashion design sketches and complex technical drawings, among other applications.
- All included a smooth writing experience, a high-quality graphite pencil for writing, and a hexagonal design that prevents the pencil from sliding off the table.
- Due to a special bonding process, the graphite leads are extremely break-resistant and have great long-term point strength. They’re simple to sharpen and erase as well.
- The graphite is even and smooth, and it combines readily with other colours.
- Includes 12 pre sharpened professional quality graphite pencils – 8B,7B, 6B, 5B, 4B, 3B, 2B, B, HB, F, H, 2H.
Camlin Kokuyo Drawing Pencil – Pack of 6
The best drawing pencils for architects, engineers, artists, draftsperson, and students are Camlin Drawing Pencils. You get thick, even lines with these since they have all the attributes of a good sketching pencil.
- To achieve high graphite content, Camlin Drawing Pencils use compressed lead.
- Furthermore, they can produce high-quality replicas, such as blueprints and photocopies.
- Six types of graphite pencils are included, HB – 10B
- It is perfect for beginners.