What Are Granite Cookwares?
You may be wondering what exactly granite cookware is and how it differs from traditional aluminium cookware. Granite is entirely chemical and PFOA-free, unlike other metals, making it safer to use in the kitchen. The heat-distribution feature of granite cookware is its best feature, and it helps prevent food from sticking. You’ll probably want to avoid granite cookware if you have glass cooktops.
Another difference between ceramic and granite cookware is their appearance. Ceramic cookware is shiny, while granite cookware is matte. You can match the look of your cookware with your kitchen’s decor, which is another benefit. The colours of ceramic and granite cookware vary a lot, too. Ceramic cookware, by contrast, is known for its shininess and high level of efficiency. However, ceramic cookware is not as easy to clean as granite, and you can’t use them for acidic ingredients like tomato sauce.
Granite cookware is a good choice for anyone looking for a non-stick option, but there are some drawbacks. Non-stick cookware can leach toxins into the food that you cook, making it dangerous for your health. Non-stick ceramic cookware can also lead to more oil buildup on the surface.
While using ‘Granite’ cookware is just as safe as non-stick, porcelain-coated utensils will ensure that your food remains clean and safe while it cooks. In addition to this, it is also easier to stain or scratch ceramic-coated utensils. Wooden utensils can be a safer choice. They are also more durable and resistant to heat than metal ones.
A set of granite cookware will typically include several different pots and pans. It may consist of saute pans, fry pans, saucepans, and stockpots. Some granite cookware comes with stainless steel handles. These handles are designed to stay cool even when heated. They are ergonomic and comfortable to hold and feature two rivets to ensure that they are sturdy.
The other benefit of granite cookware is that it can be used on induction stoves. The stone is heat resistant up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, making it ideal for commercial cooks with industrial-sized ovens and stovetops. Some brands of granite cookware even come with dishwasher-safe versions. Granite cookware is dishwasher-safe, though handwashing is recommended for specific brands. There is also an exception to the dishwasher-friendly nature of granite cookware.
We have made a list of the best brands of granite cookware available in India.
Carote Granite Non Stick Set Combo, Induction Cookware Set, 3 Pcs, Tawa Pan Kadai Set (24cm Frying Pan+28cm Dosa Tawa+28cm Kadai), PFOA Free, 5 Layers
Carote, established in 1992, uses ILAG PFOA-free non-stick technology, making this cookware set a better choice for people who want to stay healthy. The performance-oriented non-stick coating is suitable for perfect frying, browning, searing, and many Indian recipes.
- The cookware set consists of 3 Pcs, Tawa Pan Kadai Set – 24cm Frying Pan+28cm Dosa Tawa+28cm Kadai
- Durable and Sturdy – super scratch-resistant
- Ultra-resistant granite coating with polymer matrix
- 100% free of PFOA and PFOS – low fat and more negligible oil cooking
- Surface sealing for good cleanability
- It can be used on all cooking surfaces.
- Exceedingly exceptional non-stick performance
Wonderchef Granite Cookware 3 piece Set with 26cm Dosa Tawa
The Wonderchef Granite cookware collection is popular for home chefs and restaurants alike. Thanks to the granite finish, the aluminium cookware has a sleek and contemporary design. Cooking at home has never been easier thanks to the Wonderchef Granite Set, which has the best non-stick coating for healthy, low-fat and delicious dishes.
With their Italian design inspiration and German quality standards, Wonderchef goods are the best of both worlds.
- This three-piece set includes a 26-inch fry pan, a 26-inch wok, and a 26-inch dosa tawa, making it easy to prepare foods from various cuisines.
- You can cook oil-free without sacrificing flavour thanks to its PFOA-free non-stick coating. With regular use, the coating does not flake or peel off.
- Oil-free cooking is possible thanks to its healthy and PFOA free non-stick coating. The coating doesn’t flake or come off when you use it every day.
- Seamless inside walls with no rivets keep food residue from building up, keeping it clean even after a lot of use.
- When your hands are wet, you can still hold on to things because the handles are soft.
- Professional Grade MetaTuff is used on this set. High thermal stability and long-term use have made healthy cooking possible.
- It can be used on all cooking surfaces.
Prestige Omega Deluxe Granite Aluminium Kitchen Sets with 1 Glass Lid (Black) – 3 Pieces
The Prestige Omega Deluxe Granite 5-layered non-stick cookware series is made in Germany and lasts three times as long as standard non-stick cookware. Its unique spatter-coated surface keeps its appearance for a more extended period and is metal-spoon friendly. Omega Deluxe Granite is suitable for both gas and induction cooktops.
- It consists of 3 pcs – Omni Tawa 280 mm, Fry Pan 240 mm and Kadai with Glass Lid 240 mm.
- The outer body is made of aluminium and has a black powder coating with a granite finish.
- The handles are made of heat-resistant material, doing cooking and carrying the cookware easier and more convenient.
- This cookware has a high-quality aluminium body and induction and gas-compatible base.
- Prestige Omega Deluxe Induction Base Non-Stick cookware is dishwasher safe.
Cello Cookwell Granite Induction Base Non-Stick Aluminium Cookware Set, 3-Pieces, Green
The Cello granite cookware looks fantastic and cooks even better thanks to its attractive colours and extra-thick durable body.
The cookware is elegantly designed. The eye-catching finish is sure to brighten up your kitchen’s appearance. It can also be used as a serving dish, given its striking appearance.
- It consists of 1 Frying Pan, 1 Dosa Tawa & 1 Kadhai with Steel Lid.
- The cookware set’s non-stick coating enables lower-fat cooking options with no need for additional oil. Furthermore, the non-stick coating prevents food from sticking to the pan.
- The handle is manufactured from heat-resistant material to cook and transport the cookware more conveniently. This granite cookware from Cello has detachable handles, making it much easier to store and clean the utensils.
- It uses minimal counter space in your kitchen. Stacking and nesting pots and pans in any sequence are made more accessible by the unique shape of the cookware.
- Induction and gas stove compatibility makes it easier to use.
- A tempered glass lid with a steam vent is included in the Cello Granite Cookware set.
How to Maintain and Clean Granite Cookware –
- Cookware should be washed in warm, soapy water, then rinsed and dried entirely by hand.
- Pre-heat for only one minute on low flame for increased longevity. For optimal results, cook at a low to medium temperature.
- Avoid damaging the non-stick coating by using a silicone or nylon spatula.
- Use a burner that is the same diameter as the bottom of the pan to minimise hot spots, over-heating the sidewalls and handles on a gas cooktop.
- Wash when it has cooled, and avoid putting a hot pan on a wet surface.
- Protect the coating against thermal shock.
- Do not drag the pots and pans on the surface for ceramic- or glass-topped cooking surfaces.