It’s easy to get lost in the weeds when finding the best moisturiser for your skin. As you struggle to find the best moisturiser for your acne-prone skin, your desire for glowing, radiant skin remains unfulfilled.
Even if your skin is oily or acne-prone, dermatologists believe that moisturising is essential for proper skin care. Protecting your acne-prone skin from drying out using a daily moisturiser is necessary. However, skipping may cause red and inflamed patches, leading to breakouts and inflammation.
Discover the underlying causes of your acne before you begin your quest to find the best moisturiser for acne-prone skin. As a result, you’ll be able to identify moisturisers that contain ingredients that can help clear up acne. Open pores, oily skin, hormonal imbalances, menstruation, cosmetics, medicines, and body heat are just a few factors contributing to acne.
If you’ve pinpointed the root cause of your acne, look for a moisturiser that can treat it and thus become your best option for acne-prone skin.
With oil-free moisturisers, acne-prone skin can be effectively controlled even though there is no magical potion that can immediately help mitigate your problem.
You’re reluctant to try new moisturisers because you’re afraid of getting oily skin from using products that contain oil because of your face’s natural tendency to overproduce oil. Fear of more breakouts following the application of moisturiser plagues your mind.
If you have acne-prone skin, you should avoid these things to prevent huge breakouts.
- Prevent the skin around the acne from becoming inflamed by not exposing it to substances that can do so. Avoid using thick creams, which can be heavy or greasy on your skin.
- Instead, look for products that contain no oil and are gentle on the skin.
- Never prick your acne, no matter how irresistible the temptation is. You may have a scar on your face if you prick yourself to spread the infection.
- As the sun rays irritate and disrupt the recovery process of acne, it is best to avoid exposing it to the sun. SPF sunscreen lotions and creams are the best way to protect your skin from harmful ultraviolet rays.
Simple 5 step skincare routine for Acne-prone skin –
- Start with cleansing your face with a face wash that suits your skin type. Use an alcohol-free product and massage your face for around 45-60 seconds to thoroughly cleanse your face. Use a product that has a gentle surfactant.
- Use a toner which is anti acne like a rosewater toner or sandalwood toner.
- Next, apply a serum with Niacinamide or salicylic acid, which you can alternate between. Niacinamide is an anti-acne ingredient and works great for oily/acne-prone skin. A serum is recommended for acne-prone skin to control your sebum. Always pat the serum on your face and not massage it.
- Irrespective of your skin type, a moisturiser is necessary to hydrate your skin. A gel-based moisturiser should be used, which soothes your skin.
We have listed the Best 5 Moisturisers for Acne-prone skin available in India below.
Plum Green Tea Oil-Free Moisturizer
An oil-free and fragrance-free moisturiser equipped with Green tea, Niacinamide, Squalene, Kakadu Plum, and Hyaluronic acid that minimises acne, provides glow and moisturisation and soothes irritated skin. It nourishes your skin and keeps it hydrated all day long. A lightweight formula that is also a natural antioxidant.
Sebamed Clear Face Care Gel Ph5.5
Hyaluronic acid (Sodium Hyaluronate) is one of the critical ingredients of this product that work to hydrate the skin. Hyaluronic acid improves the skin’s ability to retain moisture by increasing its moisture-binding capacity. Aloe Barbadensis soothes irritated skin. Panthenol is a vitamin that aids in the healing of acne lesions. It is a non-comedogenic, oil-free gel that won’t clog your pores or cause whiteheads, helps maintain the pH balance of 5.5 on the skin, and inhibits acne bacteria’s growth. Allantoin in the gel helps smoothen rough, scaly skin and can help relieve textured skin too.
Suganda White Lotus Unscented Moisturiser for Oily, Acne Prone & Pigmented Skin(Fragrance-Free)
White Lotus Moisturizer from Suganda provides your skin with nutrients and moisture. Although it’s a small bottle, it packs a punch in hydration. This moisturiser’s white lotus formula soothes skin irritations. Acne inflammation, wrinkles, and discolouration are all reduced with its use. This moisturiser contains hyaluronic acid, which provides the skin with hydration and nourishment. In addition, this aids in the reduction of sebum production. There are no colourants in this recipe.
POND’S Super Light Gel Face Moisturiser
A lightweight formula with Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin E provides round the clock hydration to your skin. It is an ultra-lightweight gel moisturiser that is also oil- and alcohol-free. It does not contain any ingredient that is likely to irritate oily skin.
Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser
Simple Kind Hydrating Light Moisturiser is an oil-free face moisturiser that provides hydration for 12 hours on the skin’s surface. Pro-Vitamin B5, E, and Borage Seed Oil help restore moisture and repair dry skin.
A non-greasy and lightweight formula that leaves skin feeling soft, smooth, and perfectly hydrated. This product has no colour, fragrance, alcohol, harsh chemicals or parabens.
It has been dermatologically approved, and it is hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. It is suitable for all skin types, including the most sensitive.