A pressure washer often called a high-pressure or jet cleaner, is a cleaning tool that uses high-pressure water. When using this tool, the water sprayed will be very fast, so it can be used to clean the yard, carpets, and vehicles.
Cleaning dirty or muddy floors with this machine will be more effective and straightforward. However, water is the most critical component of this tool. However, you don’t need to worry because this one saves more water when compared to using the standard hose. A pressure washer must exist in every home because it has various benefits. Our automobiles hold a special place in many of our hearts, and we go to great lengths to maintain them. The way our car looks is also important to us, so no matter how much we use it on the road, we make sure it still looks brand new and shiny.
Now, to ensure that you have the best-looking car, there are three essential things that you should note.
- Drive your car carefully
- Do periodic maintenance
- Clean it regularly.
Usually, we depend on an outsourced service to clean our car and don’t take responsibility, as it takes more time and effort, and we may get exhausted during the cleaning process. But, thanks to high-tech pressure washers, you no longer need to exert much effort to clean your car. The time when cleaning your vehicle requires a bucket and a sponge is long gone. Now, you use pressure washers to clean your vehicle with ease and comfort.
Using this washer is easier than you think. All you need to do is follow some guidelines and take proper care. In this way, car cleaning would be more fun. There are some essential steps that you need to follow while using a pressure washer to wash your car:
Step-1: Setting Up
Take out your pressure washer and check that you have kept everything you need in one place. Unwrap the electrical cord and plug it in. Ensure your pressure washer’s wire does not sit in water, as it might be dangerous. Connect the garden hose to the main’s water line rather than via a water tank. All the pressure washers are not capable of drawing water from a tank. Now, unwind the pressure washer hose and avoid twists or kinks. Depending on the model, your pressure washer might have a lance. Connect the hose to the lance to make a spray fan for washing and cleaning cars.
Step 2: Adjust the Nozzle
First, place the nozzle correctly and always use it with a wide-angle spray tip for car cleaning. The correct nozzle size helps spread the water on the car’s surface. Proper pressure and a clean nozzle prevent paint damage in the vehicle.
Step 3: Let’s Start
After setting up the pressure washer, now is the time to start the car washing and cleaning process. Small stones won’t scratch the paint if you park the car on concrete or cement. Close all the windows correctly and wash the entire car with plain water using a pressure washer. It removes dirt, mud, and debris stuck on the car’s surface.
Step 4: Apply Detergent
After washing the car with plain water, you can apply detergent to your vehicle. Make sure your detergent is compatible for use with a pressure washer. Do not use domestic washing detergent for the cleaning process, as it may remove the wax finish of the paint. Let the detergent stay on the car for 5–10 minutes, but do not let it dry.
Step-5: Dry your Car
Now, rinse off the detergent using your pressure washer by working from top to bottom. You can also dry your car with a clean and soft cloth. Now, see how a pressure washer boosts your car’s visual appeal.
Remember these things to check after cleaning:
- Check the interior of your car after cleaning to confirm no leakage
- Do not use high spray settings on old tires
- Do not spray on the engine
- Make sure you do not spray directly at the panel gaps for too long
- To prevent stickers from peeling off, spread them on the front side by pointing the pressure nozzle
These are tips you can follow while using a pressure washer to clean up your car. Apply these steps and make your vehicle look new for a long time
The Benefits Of Owning a Pressure Washer
Cleans tough stains: Pressure washers have different settings for handling light/medium/heavy-duty tasks. A high-pressure washer can remove heavy-duty duties, such as tough stains like oil, grease, or grime, from your car. High-pressure washers come with accessories like rotating nozzles, sandblasting nozzles, chemical injectors, etc., that make removing tough stains, paint, cement, etc., an easy job.
Time-saving: On average, it takes 10 minutes to clean your car at low pressure. Heavy-duty cleaning may take double that time, but if you know how to work the machine, it’s almost impossible to spend more than an hour cleaning your car.
Cost-effective: A pressure washer uses less water and, with reasonable care, can last between five and ten years.
Types Of Pressure Washers
Diesel Engine: Diesel engine pressure washers are suitable for medium and heavy-duty work. The pressure washer uses diesel to fuel the high-pressure pump. Because it generates fumes, it is not ideal for indoor use. Diesel engine pressure washers are available as both hot and cold water machines.
Petrol Engine: Diesel-engine high-pressure washers and their gasoline counterparts have a similar architecture. The high-pressure pump in these high-pressure washers is powered primarily by gasoline. They are appropriate for heavy-duty and medium-duty cleaning jobs. They also generate fumes and are only for outdoor use. They were used mainly on building sites and in mines or by plumbers who needed the high pressure from the water to flush and clean out drains.
Electric Motor: 380v or 525v electricity must be used to power electric pressure washers, depending on what is available or at which voltage the high-pressure washer was manufactured. All the above pressure washers can be mobile; wall-mounted, trailer-mounted, bakkie-mounted, frame-mounted, etc., depending on what the requirements are for your business.
Which Pressure Washer is Generally Used?
With everything on the market, it’s best to talk to an expert in the high-pressure washer industry to ensure you get the suitable pressure washer for the cleaning job you need.
Key Features Of a High-Pressure Washer:
How close is the pump’s power source? For washing cars, electric pressure washers are the best. Also, high-pressure electric washers have motors that use a lot of amps to deliver about 2,000 PSI, which is the perfect pressure for washing cars. Diesel pressure washers have a higher PSI and are better for detailing cars when you want to get rid of old paint.
The nozzle size predominantly affects the amount of water from the spray gun. Sometimes you may want a narrow spray for a light cleaning job or a powerful spray to remove the toughest grease stains. Remember that a powerful spray could damage critical parts of your car. It would help if you went for a pressure washer with an adjustable nozzle to adjust the spray’s width to suit the cleaning task.
The appropriate length of the hose in a high-pressure washer is about 10 meters. Anything less will have you constantly knocking down the pressure washer. On the other hand, if the hose is too long, it will be inconvenient when you want to move around the pressure washer. If your pressure washer is fixed or mounted on a trailer, it is ideal to invest in a hose reel, whether manual or retractable, to keep it neat and safe.
You cannot always rely on water to eliminate all the stains. Soap makes your work easy, and getting your cleaning chemicals and water from the same source makes the job more efficient. Car shampoo and wax are great chemicals for washing cars because they make a foam that breaks up mud stuck to the vehicle or the undercarriage of trucks. The aluminum cleaner is also suitable for cleaning the aluminum parts on a car with a brush but should not be used with a pressure washer.
Here Are The Top 5 Best Pressure Washers in India
Bosch Aquatak 125 1500-Watt High-Pressure Washer
About this item
- More cleaning performance: New three-in-one nozzle with roto, pencil, and fan jets. High-pressure foam as standard.
- Easier to move and store: For enhanced convenience, the handle is folding and telescoping and has a new secondary lifting handle. Larger wheels for ease of movement, three-cylinder pump, 40 °C water temperature at the inlet, 0.5 m self-priming capability
- Quieter operations: Better sound management for greater comfort and less potential for nuisance
STARQ W3A HIGH-Pressure Washer 2100 WATTS 150 BAR with AUTO Start Stop (Updated Model)
About this item
- 2100 Watts Mighty induction motor with copper winding and an enclosed body for safety
- Long service life: sturdy and reliable, crankshaft-driven brass pump with ceramic-coated pistons. Motor type: Induction
- Versatile: Self-Priming and Auto stop function to pump water from buckets or storage tanks
JPT Heavy Duty New 2400W 220BAR F8 Car High-Pressure Washer Pump
About this item
- The only motor comes with a one-year warranty against problems with the way it was made, and it can only be used at home. Accessories are not covered under warranty. We offer a pickup and delivery service (on a chargeable basis). There is only a carry-in warranty provided. We can offer spare parts support so you can fix it on your end if your area is not used for any reason. Not advised for use in business settings
- For patio furniture, trash cans, pet cages, lawnmowers, outdoor equipment, and much more, connect to the tap for water-sucking or automatically suck water from a static water source.
Aimex Electric High-Pressure Washer with Copper Winding with Hose Pipe and Foam Bottle (1500W)
About this item
- Improved performance | 1500 Watts maximum. A powerful copper motor with metal gears, a pump, and an 80 bar pressure.
- strong copper motor and a maximum flow rate of 10L/min
- AutoStop, Self-intake, Pressure Gauge, Variable Fan Spray Lance, Water Filter, Venturi System.Sprayer with adjustable spray nozzle and high efficiency. A dosing bottle for detergent is included.
BLACK+DECKER BXPW1300E-B5 1300W 100 Bar, 390 L/hr Pressure Washer for Car wash and Home use (Red & Black)
About this item
- Businesses and households can benefit from pressure washing to lower allergies, reduce risks, and enhance aesthetics.
- Includes: Pressure washer, hose, lance, the gun with safety catch, rotating nozzle, nozzle cleaning tool, and dispenser for water filtration and detergent
- Easier to move and store: Large wheels for ease of transportation. Folding, telescoping handle, and redesigned secondary lifting handle.