What is washing machine stand?
A washer is supported and held at a certain height by a washing machine stand. It lets you put the washer at a good height above the ground so that dirt and repeated water exposure don’t cause corrosion or other problems. If it has wheels, it also makes mobility possible. Different washing machine stands are available; some offer mobility, and some come with fixed attachments. So, if you use one with wheels, moving your laundry machine from one section of your home to another will surely benefit you, especially if you are working with limited space.
What is the use of a washing machine stand?
A powerful, integrated motor inside a washing machine makes loud noises and vibrations. These vibrations pass through the floor and create unpleasant feelings throughout the home. A good washing machine stand absorbs these vibrations and keeps them as far away from the outside environment as possible. These stands make it easy to move heavy washing machines around the house quickly and keep people from getting hurt if water leaks from underneath the engine.
Washing machine stands are solid steel and kept underneath the washing machine. Shelves help you move the washing machine quickly from one place to another, help avoid corrosion from water spills, and improve the durability of the washing machine.
Here are some benefits of using a good quality washing machine stand:
Here are multiple benefits to using a good quality washing machine stand. It not only increases durability but also helps to optimize space:
Prevents the base from rusting: A sturdy stand with adequate ground clearance will not only keep the washer’s bottom from rusting but will also benefit you in the long run by extending the life of your washer. If your washing machine is placed in a bathroom or another area with consistently wet floors, there is a chance that the bottom component could be harmed. Additionally, there is a chance that water will leak during every washing cycle, leaving a damp floor. This presents the same difficulty as avoiding water damage to the base. In these situations, getting a solid stand is crucial to preventing water damage and rusting of the base.
Mobility: When buying washing machines, many people prioritize mobility. So, it’s a fact that mobility is a priority for many individuals, especially those with minimal space to work with. With the help of a decent stand, you can quickly move your laundry machine to the desired location as and when required. Furthermore, the air becomes an absolute blessing for scenarios where you want to repair the washing machine or get the servicing done. It is incredibly convenient for moving and shifting.
Increases the height: Most washing machine stands have enough ground clearance, so your washer will get taller because of this. Your washing machine’s increased size may ease your bending posture, making it more comfortable to operate. However, it may be unpleasant for some, as different individuals may have other preferences.
Types of washing machine stands
There are many different kinds of washing machine stands. Here are a few examples. Before taking a stand, read the warranty details, and do not be afraid to talk to the manufacturer’s support team.
Adjustable Wheeled Metal Stand: Many alternatives exist since most washers don’t have wheels. One of the most commonly used stands is a trolley stand. It is not only adjustable but also offers a lot of flexibility, as most of them can be adjusted according to your washer’s width. A good quality trolley stand made of metal also comes with special anti-rust coatings. So if you are buying a metal stand with wheels, check if it also has an anti-rust coating.
Heavy Duty Trolley Stand: The word “trolley stand” means these stands come with wheels attached, which help to move your washing machine whenever there is a need to move them. Most trolley stands come in fixed and adjustable sizes with 360-degree rotating wheels. The wheels also have locking systems that convert them to a fixed mindset whenever needed. Most of these stands are constructed of stainless steel or rust-free coated metals. Heavy-duty trolley stands are designed for higher durability and maximum weight capacity. Some heavy-duty trolley stands are made of rigid polymer plastic, which lasts longer, making them an ideal choice for heavy and bulky washing machines.
Grip Base Stands (comes in 4 Gripped pieces): This stand is like the base supporter for the washing machine. This stand does not offer mobility, as it’s just a tiny rubber band attached to your washer’s leg. Most top-load washers and sometimes front-load washers have four small portions at the bottom, precisely where the little grip base stand is placed.
Gripped supporters are supposed to be fixed and come in four-piece sets. They are primarily available in round (curved), square, or rectangular shapes. Such stand supports are either made of hard plastic or hard rubber. While these tiny stands don’t offer mobility, they have the best vibration-handling capability. It provides a firm grip and manages vibration better than any other stand. Also, it should be used on slippery surfaces to keep the washing machine from moving. Lastly, it does provide a decent ground clearance, enough to let the water flow from below. It’s also pocket-friendly and easy to install, as no special preparation is required.
Washing Machine Floor Stand (Adjustable Stand without wheels): This stand type also comes in fixed-size and adjustable-size versions. These are different from trolley stands, which can quickly move from one location to another. Adjustable brackets without wheels help keep your laundry machine stable in a fixed spot. Yes, it allows you to easily clean the base (floor) where your washing machine has been placed due to decent ground clearance. This stand is ideal for those with a fixed space for their washing machine.
Which type of stand is best for a washing machine?
- Should be easy to install and uninstall: The ones that are easy and quick to install should always be a preferred option, as you must remember the hygiene part. Even if your washer needs maintenance, it may become complicated if you use a fixed installation.
- Should be adjustable: Adjustable stands are more convenient when compared to fixed installation stands. Flexible frames offer more benefits, as they can be used as a fixed installation object and offer mobility benefits whenever needed due to their wheel-locking capabilities. If you have a fixed and sufficient space for your washing machine, you may go for a fixed machine stand.
- Should be mobile: If you are setting up your washing machine in a compact area, where you need to move it most of the time, you may go for a washing machine stand attached to wheels.
- Simple to clean and maintain: When selecting a washing machine stand, prioritize cleanliness and hygiene. There are better options than getting air and needing help cleaning or maintaining the washing machine. This often happens when you go for a fixed installation. If you opt for a fixed structure, ensure this point is covered.
Here are the top 5 best washing machine stands in India
Smart Shelter Heavy Duty Adjustable Metal Stand/Trolley with Wheels, Front & Top Loading Washing Machine, Fridge, Cooler, Dishwasher Stand, Capacity Up to 140 Kgs, Black
About this item
- 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐲: This trolley’s main body is mild steel, and its maximum weight capacity is 160 kg. It is also simple to assemble. This is an Adjustable size product to accommodate most sizes of appliances.
- 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥: 100 % Metal Body. They have 360-degree rotating polypropylene wheels at the bottom for superior traction, enhancing the stability and sturdiness of a stand. The jacks work as a break and make a stand and the entire system stable in one place; They Also absorb the vibration of washing machines.
Irkaja Heavy Duty Adjustable Wheeled Metal Stand for Top/Front Load Washing Machines, Refrigerators, Dishwashers, and Coolers, 170 kgs Weight Capacity
About this item
- Maximum Machine Weight Carrying Capacity: Iron material weighing 170 kg, powder coating the entire body to prevent rusting and water damage.
- For Movement: Four Wheels of High Weight Carrying Capacity are Attached, Using these Wheels can be moved in any direction
E-COSMOS Multi-Purpose Refrigerator Stand, Washing Machine Stand, Furniture Base Stand, Fridge Stands for Single Door and Double Door (Pack of 4) (Grey)
About this item
- Multipurpose- All furniture can be used to prevent rust
- Saves furniture base and floor from rust
- Increases the life of your furniture
- Multipurpose four separate legs, feet, or stands almirahs, wardrobes, coolers, refrigerators, washing machines, storage containers, mattresses, flat-base dressing tables, wooden furniture, steel furniture, book racks, and office filing cabinets, among other things.
Bosch Siemens Original Adjustable Pedestal for all Front Load Washing Machine (Washing Machine stand)
About this item
- Material: Aluminum
- Item Dimension: 605560
- One year warranty
- X-Shaped large-diameter aluminum is laser calibrated with an adjustable size feature to fit all Bosch and Siemens front-load washing machines.
- Maximum Load Capacity: 150 kg
XL Kitchen Adjustable Washing Machine Trolley for Top Load and Fridge Stand
About this item
- Trolley for mini-fridges, refrigerators, and washing machines
- Easy to move
- Suitable for Top load washing machines up to 6.5 kg
- Max capacity 250 kg