Tableware, also known as dinnerware is the dishes used for setting up a table, serving food, and dining. Tableware includes cutlery, glassware, serving dishes as well as other items used for setting up a dining table. The table settings can be either formal or informal depending on the occasion. Tablewares and decorations are usually more elaborate on special occasions.
Today the tableware or dinnerware are made of many materials which have their own advantages and disadvantages.
- Porcelain/China material – they are two interchangeable terms for the same material. Porcelain is attractive and durable making it a popular option. Good quality porcelain comes in white colour and is resistant to thermal shock. It means they are oven, dishwasher and microwave safe. There is also an exception, if it has borders of metal accents like gold or silver, then they should be hand washed with the correct soap. Porcelain dinnerware can be used for special occasions, looking at the properties and features.
- Bone China – It is a material harder and whiter than porcelain. It is lightweight, delicate and looks translucent. These features make bone china the highest quality of material that tableware can be made of. They are best suited to be used for formal occasions because of its cost. It is recommended that they be washed by hand.
- Glass – It is the most fragile material a dinnerware set can be made of.
- Vitrified glass material – This is a glass that has been fired at an extremely high temperature until it becomes non-porous and shatterproof. They are dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Melamine – It is a type of plastic that is unbreakable unless one deliberately destroys it. It is lightweight and can be carried easily by anyone. Melamines come in a glossy finish and many beautiful designs. It is dishwasher safe and BPA free.
Without further ado, let’s have a look at the best tableware available in India to help you have an authentic dining experience with your loved ones and savour every memory.
An established leader in India in the tableware market, La Opala is one of the first and largest manufacturers of Opalware and Crystalware. It was introduced in 1987, paving a new era in the tableware industry. It brings you quality and class that lasts a lifetime. It is superlight, microwave safe, bone ash free, break-resistant, dishwasher safe, scratch-resistant, and 100% hygienic. Opal glass was first manufactured by the 16th-century house of Venice to now being manufactured in La Opala’s factory.
It is the most trusted heatproof glassware brand since 1962. A market leader for consumer glassware in India with a significant presence in the U.S.A and Netherlands. Their glass isn’t completely breakable but is harder than regular soda-lime glass. Borosilicate glass is lead and BPA free making it perfectly safe for use. They are microwave safe, dishwasher safe, heat resistant, anti-scratch, and freezer safe. Borosil offers dinner sets, lunch boxes, bottles, and kitchen appliances.
A brand that needs no introduction, Corelle is known for its sturdy dinnerware/tableware. Their products are chip-resistant, fade-resistant, lightweight, and microwave-safe. Their products are made of ‘VITRELLE’, a shatter-resistant tempered glass. They are easily stackable and require less storage space.
A common name in Indian households is one of the leaders in household consumer products. From cookware to home appliances to furniture and glassware. It is also one of the leading exporters and supplies to the biggest retail stores globally for 60+ years. They have won several awards and accolades.
Since 1904, it has been bringing quality and beauty to dining tables worldwide. The Noritake of today has excellent artistry and craftsmanship with attention to detail and quality. An international brand from Japan, their designs are classic, modern, and understated. Their dinnerware ranges from fine dining to luxury dinner sets – a perfect way to enhance your dining experience with lavish settings. The ceramic crockery and bone china dinnerware will make any occasion worth celebrating. Their dinnerware never goes out of style and comes at affordable rates.
It was conceptualized to curate artisanal Home Decor which would bring the culture of Southeast Asian countries like Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, and so on with skills and traditional techniques of their artisans with a blend of modernity. Nastasia’s collection of plates, bowls, and mugs are absolutely stunning with vintage, contemporary, traditional designs simply jazzing up your kitchen and elevating your dining experience. Their products cater to all kinds of tastes.
Ellementry was born in 2018 in Jaipur. It brings expertise and international standards to the Indian audience. They believe in ‘what looks good, should also do good’. Their products inspire lifestyles. It is handcrafted by local artists to the beauty that goes beyond sight. They qualify the international standard of food safety. They have a wide range of kitchenware, tableware, serveware, decor, furniture, and lighting to suit any contemporary and traditional look. The wooden and ceramicware uplifts the dinner table’s aesthetic value and overall presentation of the food.
Lazzaro gives us a contemporary award-winning design made of fine Bone China. It is twice as strong as other Bone China variants available and 30% lighter than porcelain. The products are non-porous, they do not absorb grease, odors, and bacteria. This makes them food safe, guaranteeing optimal hygiene. Their high-quality tableware adds elegance and elevates the vibe on any table. The products are durable, resistant to chipping, scratches, or abrasions enabling them to withstand tough conditions.
As rightly said, “Be able to set a table so that you feel like you’re dining, not just sitting and eating.”
A successful party is all about good food, good company, and excellent tableware. The above-listed brands can help to transform our modern dining tastes and table settings making it a delightful and beautiful experience!