The best vegan protein powders can help you get the gains you’ve always wanted by eating more protein while on a plant-based diet. Vegans and vegetarians sometimes have trouble getting enough complete proteins, which have all nine essential amino acids. Vegan protein powders can help solve this problem. You can get up to 31 g of protein in each serving of the best vegan protein powder, so you can rely on more than food to meet your needs. Most powders include 20–25 g of protein per serving, while some are somewhat lower and some are more potent.
Dr. Shikha Sharma, a registered dietitian, nutritionist, and the group’s national media spokeswoman, told Live Science that “protein powder could help people on a plant-based diet get more protein.”
She said, “adding to a vegan or vegetarian diet is easy and could help someone get enough protein.” For example, having a supply of protein on hand when traveling or on the go can be helpful for busy athletes. It’s important to remember that some vegan proteins, like rice protein, don’t have all the essential amino acids. Therefore, a rice and pea protein blend is preferable. As well as helping you build muscle, a good vegan protein powder can help you lose weight. No matter your fitness goals, a good vegan protein powder and a custom fitness and diet plan can help you reach them. You do not have to eat meat to gain protein, so a vegan diet may not appear like a high-protein alternative. You can achieve the same results as on a diet high in meat by mixing high protein, plant-based foods like nuts, beans, and seeds with a premium vegan protein powder. If you’re not especially searching for a plant-based protein powder, we have also compiled a list of the top protein powder brands for women and our all-time favorites. Please keep reading for a detailed look at what our staff found to be the best plant-based protein powders on the market.
What should I look for in vegan protein powder?
First, you need to go beyond vegan protein drinks if you want to add additional protein to your vegetarian or vegan diet. You may find plenty of vegan-friendly foods and snacks in your neighborhood supermarket, including tofu, tempeh, and seitan, that will help you gain muscle without violating moral or financial principles.
However, knowing what’s going into your vegan protein powder is equally important. Below, we explore three essential ingredients to look out for before investing.
Pea Protein: The Green Giant is not the subject of this discussion. Instead, field peas, which are almost four times as high in protein as sweet peas, are used to make pea protein powder, allowing it to have up to 80% protein. In addition to not having dairy, eggs, or soy, pea protein is also free of allergens. This means that vegans and people with food allergies can eat it.
Soy Protein: This vegan protein has been used for decades and comes from defatted soy flour. After being processed, it can have up to 90% protein and a neutral taste, which means it can be used in smoothies, shakes, and other protein recipes.
Hemp Protein: Hemp protein has 20 amino acids, is high in fiber and healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and is a good choice for people who want to eat a lot of whole foods. Studies have also shown that hemp protein can strengthen your immune system, cut down on sugar cravings, and improve the health of your heart.
Benefits of going vegetarian or vegan
Are you thinking of making the switch? Smart move. Most companies that sell sports supplements now have vegan versions of their whey protein products, so now is the best time to switch to natural vitamins. Below, we walk you through the many benefits that will come thick and fast once you do. Dig in.
You can digest vegan protein easier
Compared to the often-questionable ingredient list of whey protein powders, vegan protein could be significantly kinder on your gut. Peas, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and seeds are all common ingredients in vegan protein, with healthy levels of fiber that can improve digestion while curing signs of gas and bloating.
Here are the top 5 best vegan protein powders in India
Fast&Up Vegan Plant Protein (31g Protein – Pea isolate & Brown Rice protein blend For Strength Recovery & Energy Boost, For Everyday Fitness & Nutrition (1.41 kg, 3.10 Lbs – Chocolate Flavor)
About this item
- Scientific formulation: It is a Plant-based complete Protein with all essential amino combining pea protein and brown rice protein with added Vegan and Beetroot Extract for energy
- Packed with plant power: Fast&Up, Each serving of plant protein, contains 30 grams of plant protein in addition to 5.8 grams of BCAA and 5.5 grams of glutamine, which promote muscle health, immunity, and speedier recovery.
bGREEN by HealthKart Vegan Plant Protein Powder, 25 g Protein (Pea Protein Isolate & Pumpkin Seed), Complete Amino Acid Profile, No Added Sugar, For Muscle Repair (Chocolate, 1 kg) with Shaker
About this item
- Certified by the vegan society, UK: The Vegan Society, UK, a well-known organization, has been awarded green by HealthKart Plant Protein its certification for offering dependable and entirely safe vegan nourishment.
- Plant-based nutrition: A protein powder made entirely from plants, with a complete amino acid profile and a mix of pea and pumpkin seed proteins. This herbal, 100-percent vegan protein powder is free of added sugar, heavy metals, and chemical preservatives.
OZiva Organic Plant Protein Powder for Men & Women, Unflavored, 500g (30g Vegan Protein Organic Pea Protein Isolate + Organic Brown Rice Protein Soy Free) for Daily Fitness
About this item
- Plant Protein Powder for Everyday Fitness: With 30g of Complete Protein of Essential Aminos, OZiva Organic Plant Protein, which blends Organic Pea Protein Isolate, Organic Brown Rice Protein, and Organic Quinoa, promotes everyday fitness for both men and women.
- Meets the body’s daily protein requirements: This plant protein powder aids in meeting the body’s daily protein needs, which improves metabolism and makes it simpler to gain lean muscle and burn fat.
Kapiva Vegan Protein – Chocolate | 24.5g Protein per Scoop | Post-workout Recovery Protein Shake | 100% Plant Based Protein (1kg)
About this item
- Vegan protein for post-workout wellness: The plant-based protein Kapiva Vegan Protein aids in post-workout muscle repair and lessens pain. The organically digestible chicory roots are found in this protein powder. This component contains inulin, a prebiotic that improves intestinal health.
- Lean protein sources: This vegan protein for muscle well-being is a special combination of two top-notch protein sources: rice protein and pea protein. This type of protein maintains the health and tone of your muscles while also supplying the body with vital nutrients.
Mypro Sport Nutrition Plant Protein Powder Pea & Brown Rice Protein 500 Gm- Chocolate Flavour, Multicolor
About this item
- Lean protein sources: This vegan protein for muscle well-being combines two top-notch protein sources: rice protein and pea protein. This type of protein maintains the health and tone of your muscles while also supplying the body with vital nutrients.
- Amino acid-infused protein blend for complete balance.
- 23G protein per serving: Vegan, Gluten-Free, or Keto Diet-Friendly Plant-Based Protein Powder.
- Delicious chocolate flavor – Our Natural Vegan Protein Comes With Delicious Chocolate Flavour, Which Will Give the Best Taste To Your Protein Shake. Mypro Plant Protein Is Tasty Way To Being Healthy!