Refrigerators are not just a mere home or kitchen appliance, it adds up to your aesthetics, and more importantly, it stores your food and keeps it fresh for a long period. With time, there were many additional features incorporated in refrigerators making them all the more reliable, so much so that it has become one of the essential appliances for almost every home for that matter.
However, refrigerators are still very costly but investing in such a lifelong product seems important enough. In order to achieve the best experience, there are certain factors that you need to consider, and we will be sharing all our knowledge in this field.
1. Refrigerator Type
When you are buying a refrigerator you ought to be sure about the type you require, and it is differentiated by the number of doors. It further denotes the storage space of the refrigerator, so you can make an assumption on which type of refrigerator suits your requirements.
- Single Door Refrigerators: As the name suggests, single door refrigerators have a single door, and consist of both the freezer and the refrigerator units which are included behind the door. Mostly, single door refrigerators come with a capacity of up to 300 liters and can easily suffice for two individuals.
- Top Freezer Refrigerators: In this case, the freezer unit of the whole refrigerator is situated at the top, separated from the refrigerator area by two different doors. While the top door allows you access to the freezer section, the bottom door or rest of the comparatively larger section is the refrigerator unit. These refrigerators generally have a capacity between 230-550 liters and can be good enough for a family of 4-6 people.
- Bottom Freezer Refrigerators: Bottom Freezer refrigerators are directly opposite to Top Freezer refrigerators. Here, the bottom door unveils the freezer unit and the top door is dedicated to the refrigerator unit. They also have a similar capacity, the only difference being your preference for design.
- Side By Side Refrigerators: If you require a larger freezer unit on a daily basis, Side by Side Refrigerators are your best bet. These type of refrigerators have two side by side doors. One side is entirely dedicated to the freezer section, while the other side is for the refrigerator including fruit and vegetable compartments. These refrigerators offer the maximum freezer space and all total storage ranges between 500-900 liters, apt for a joint family.
- French Door Refrigerators: This type of refrigerator is also called a triple door refrigerator due to having three separate compartments. French Door refrigerators are basically a mixture of double door and side by side refrigerators. The freezer portion is either mounted at top or bottom while the refrigerator section is split into two parts with side by side doors. They also boast a decent storage capacity between 240-400 liters.
- Mini Fridge: Mini fridge refers to the smaller version of a standard-sized refrigerator. These mini fridges have a comparatively shorter storage unit, 2-3 times lesser than what we get in a standard refrigerator. They have everything that a normal refrigerator contains, freezer space as well as refrigerator section, and cost far less.
2. Storage Space
The purpose of a refrigerator is to store food items, vegetables, drinks, and even medicines. Thus, considering the storage space is essential. Knowing the storage space gives you the proper idea about what type of refrigerator you require. It also helps you determine if it can be enough for a joint family, a couple, or an individual for that matter. You can further check the individual space allotted for the freezer, vegetables, drinks, and other food items.
3. Energy Star
An energy star for electronic appliances represents the energy efficiency of the product. The higher the energy rating the higher chances of energy saving. By saving energy, it also saves your money by reducing your electricity bill payment.
Buying a refrigerator is a deliberate investment that will pay off for the years to come. Refrigerators usually cost a lump sum amount but there is a variety in the budget range from which you can easily select the one that meets your requirements and doesn’t burn a hole in your wallet.
Not just the storage space, but it is equally important to measure the space the refrigerator will take up within your home space. Buying a refrigerator without measuring the diameter may turn out to be a silly mistake, which will further disrupt the decorum of the room which you had planned for keeping a refrigerator at the beginning.
We know that a refrigerator is just another home & kitchen appliance, but it can also serve as an aesthetic to your home decor. Whether it is stainless steel, or fiber or plastic, or even brushed metal, you ought to go with something that blends seamlessly into your home or kitchen space. The brushed metal finish is the costliest one among others.
5. Noise Level
While the refrigerator is running it is bound to make some noise. However, the noise level of each refrigerator varies from one another. This is why it is important to check the noise level of the refrigerator while functioning. Most renowned brands are known for providing special technology that minimizes sound production.
6. Inverter Technology
There are basically two types of inverters that either use an inverter technology or not. Refrigerators having inverter technology are especially known for their energy efficiency which in turn saves your money in the long term. The refrigerators that depend upon inverter technology also produce lesser noise and maintain the temperature inside the refrigerator.
7. Additional Features
Modern-day refrigerators have additional features that make the refrigerator furthermore easy to use with certain amenities. For instance, some have a temperature monitoring system, some feature a water and ice dispenser, a few have the ability to resize drawers, locking systems, water filtration technology, etc. These features make us depend integrally on a refrigerator and when utilized in the correct manner it can be very beneficial.
As a home & kitchen appliance that costs a fortune to be precise, you will have to consider a few things that give you assurance of the authenticity of the product. What can give you more assurance than a renowned brand, working in this industry for a long time having a trustworthy reputation. Reputed brands would not dare risk its years of hard work on a bad customer review, so, they remain liable for providing the best products.
Over the years refrigerators have taken an important place in most people’s lives that many have become quite dependent on their services. Though the price of the refrigerator has refrained many others from obtaining this product or might make some feel that it is a luxury, still we cannot deny the importance of it in modern life.
And when you can finally make up your mind to buy the best refrigerator there are a few things that need to be looked into before you make this vast investment. In this article, we have provided all the things you possibly need to know before you make that purchase for real.