A microvan is an electronic device used for cooking and heating food. The electric energy is transformed into microwave radiation. With this radiation’s help, food is turned hot by the dielectric heating method.
Microvans have been a standard in homes for many years, but the concern over microwave radiation has lingered. You can quickly prepare meals and reheat food in the microwave. Microwave ovens emit radiation, which is not harmful to your food or health.
How does microwave cooking work?
Food is cooked in microwave ovens, utilizing shorter radio-like energy waves. They primarily impact water and other electrically asymmetrical molecules, which have one positively charged and one negatively charged end, making these waves highly discriminating. These molecules vibrate from the microwaves, instantly generating thermal energy.
Advantages of a microvan
The microwave oven has made life very easy, offering many advantages.
Food can be heated quickly – Food from the refrigerator can be rapidly heated. This results from molecules being vibrated by the reflected microwaves. The water molecules vibrate about a million times a second, resulting in the quick heating of food.
No change in taste and nutrition – Food can be heated and cooked more quickly than any other cooking method, but it retains its nutritional value and is not burned. Food prepared in a microwave has the same nutritional content and flavor as food prepared in other ways.
Easy to clean – One benefit of using a microwave is how simple it is to clean. This implies that you can prepare meals quickly, and cleaning doesn’t take much extra time. This is so that food is cooked in a microwave by heating the food itself, not the container. Additionally, it prevents food from sticking to the utensils. The smooth glass finish of a microwave makes cleaning the cooking chamber simple. The spilled food can be cleaned up with just a moist towel.
Food can be defrosted – Meat, corn, and many other items can be defrosted more efficiently in a microwave. It quickly melts and cooks food without sacrificing flavor.
Less energy consumption – Another advantage a microwave oven enjoys over any other ordinary range is that it consumes less energy. A micro oven uses 600–1200 watts of power. Additionally, a microwave has automatic on/off choices. The oven automatically turns off once the temperature and time settings are complete. This helps to save energy and time for the consumer.
Safe for children – The microwave is secure and can be used by children too. Unlike standard ovens or gas stoves that produce smoke and heat, a microwave is a safer option for children.
Disadvantages of a microvan
Here’s a list of some disadvantages of microwave ovens you should know about.
Microvan radiation leakage when damaged – Leaking microvan radiation threatens people. When a microwave oven is damaged, such as when the cooking chamber’s surface has holes or the door isn’t functioning correctly, microwave radiation might seep. Continuous microwave radiation exposure can result in conditions like burns, eye damage, lowered immunity, heart problems, and even the growth of cancerous cells.
Uneven cooking – The standing wave pattern in a microwave oven can cause uneven cooking, resulting in hot and cold areas in food. The result could be food poisoning. Because microwaves can only penetrate food up to 1.5 inches, the shape and size of the food determine whether cold spots or hot spots emerge. To prevent uneven cooking, one should maintain the size and shape of the dish.
The risk of drying food – Food can occasionally turn dry because microvans cook it by heating its water molecules. Therefore, check to see if your food has adequate water.
Food cannot be deep-fried – Despite all the great features a microwave offers, food cannot be deep-fried. This can be considered a significant drawback. One should consider a device’s advantages and disadvantages before using it. Your microvan use will be easier now that you know the information above. Before discussing bowls used for cooking in the microwave, let’s look at a few microvan usages. The kitchenware that can be used in a microwave is listed.
How do you determine whether a container is microvan-safe?
Use a microvan to see if the containers are microwave-safe. To do this, add water to a cup that may be used in a microwave. Put a cup of water or a container in the microwave for a minute until the water starts boiling. You will know if the container is microwave safe if it remains cool to the touch.
Some directions should be followed before using utensils in the microvan
- Test the newly purchased forks in the microwave first before using them.
- You can use “microwave-safe” china, ceramics, pottery, and heat-resistant plastics.
- Please do not use dishes with gold, silver, or metal linings in the microwave as they may reflect microwaves.
- Splitting and setting boiling plastic pouches on the oven floor or in a serving dish is recommended.
- Specialty utensils like popcorn poppers, micro-fryers, micro-pressure cookers, etc., should be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Here are the top 5 best microvans in India
Bajaj 1701 MT 17L Solo Microwave Oven, White
About this item
- Warranty: 1 year on the Magnetron, one year on the product.
- With this purchase, the brand does not include a starter kit.
- Control: Easy to use jog dials with a long lifespan
- Complete cooking warning, consuming 1200 watts of electricity.
- Power Levels – Choose five different power levels to cook per your need. This option can adjust the temperature based on your cooking needs.
Samsung 23 L Solo Microwave Oven (MS23J5133AG/TL, Black)
About this item
- 23L: Suitable for 3 to 4-member families. A maximum of 99 minutes for cooking.
- Solo: Able to be used for cooking, defrosting, and reheating.
- Warranty: 1 year on product & 1 year on Magnetron
- Indian recipes for fast preparation and simple interior cleaning using ceramic enamel cavities
- A starter kit is NOT included with this product from the manufacturer.
- Control: Tact buttons and Jog dials are easy to use with a long life.
- Child Lock: Provides total protection, especially for houses with young children.
Panasonic 20L Solo Microwave Oven (NN-ST26JMFDG, Silver, 51 Auto Menus)
About this item
- Warranty: 1 year on the Magnetron, one year on the product
- 20L capacity: Suitable for bachelors & small families; power + innovation. For fast, even cooking and delicious results, use 800 watts of high energy.
- Microwave controls, 51 pre-auto cook menu items, glass turntable; warranty: 1 year on product.
- Compact design: this countertop microwave with a glass turntable is compact, allowing you to allocate more space to interior capacity and less space to electronics;
IFB 25 L Solo Microwave Oven (25PM2S, Silver)
About this item
- 25L Capacity: Suitable for families of five to six people.
- Solo: Can be used to cook, melt, and reheat food.
- IFB offers a super warranty: one year on microwave ovens and three years on magnetrons and cavities.
- Included in the Box: Microwave, wire rack, quick reference label, warranty card, and unit glass turntable
- Control: Push buttons, and jog dials have smooth surfaces and are simple to clean.
- No. of programs: Quick Start, Auto Defrost, Delay Start, Multi-Stage Cooking
LG 32 L Convection Microwave Oven (MC3286BRUM, Black)
About this item
- 32L Capacity: Suitable for large families
- Convection: Used for grilling, reheating, defrosting, and cooking, as well as baking.
- One year on product and four years on Magnetron
- The brand provides this product.
- Control: Jog dials that are easy to use and have a long life, as well as tactile buttons for setting the temperature and timer.