Get Flat 63% OFF on Fortune Rozana Basmati Rice. It is a limited period offer. So, do not miss the offer. Hurry up! Grab the offer only on Grofers.
How to prepare Basmati Rice in a container
Prepping and soaking:
1. At first, take 1 cup of basmati rice in a pan or bowl.
2. Then start to rinse the rice grains in flowing water. Now rinse the rice grains with a mild swirling with the help of your fingers.
3. Continue the rinse process until the water becomes clear, transparent and without starch.
4. After that soak the basmati rice in 3/4 to 1 cup water for at least 30 minutes.
5. Now strain the rice grain adequately and keep aside.
Preparing basmati rice:
6. Now add 2 cups water (500 ml) in a deep bottomed container. Always use a wide deep pan so that the water does not drip from the pot at the time of cooking.
7. Then add 1/2 tsp oil in the container. Also, you can use ghee or butter instead of oil. You can skip this step you want. Now add 1/4 tsp salt according to your taste.
8. Then allow the water to boil on a medium flame burner. After that add the rice into the container.
9. After adding the whole rice into the container, you can shake the pan gently. You can also make a gentle stir with the help of a fork.
10. Now cover the container with a lid.
11. Then decrease the flame of the burner and cook the rice until all the water has been soaked up. Generally, it takes 8 minutes to get soft and fluffy rice. You can check once or twice at the time of cooking the rice.
12. Now press a cooked rice grain with fingertips. If it is soft and mash easily then your rice is prepared to eat otherwise you can cook it for some more time.
13. Now let a standing time of 5 minutes, before you open the lid of the container.
14. Your rice is ready to serve. So, serve these perfectly cooked rice with your preferred dal or curry.