What is an Air Fryer?
The air fryer is originally an amped-up countertop convection oven. It does not fry your food. (Although, keep in mind that there’s a difference between air-frying and baking.) Patented by Philips Electronics Company, the small appliance claims to mimic the results of deep-frying with nothing more than hot air and a minimal amount of oil.
How does the air fryer work?
The heating mechanism and fan are located on the top of an air fryer. You put the food in a fryer-style basket, and when you turn it on, super-heated air blows all around the food. This rapid circulation makes the food crispy—much like deep-frying, but with less amount of oil
How to use the air fryer?
Place your food in the basket. The basket may carry 2 to 10 quarts; depending on the size of your air fryer, the basket may hold 2 to 10 quarts. In most cases, you can want to add 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil to help the food get nice and crispy. You can use foil to make cleanup more manageable in an air fryer.
Set the time and temperature. Air fryer cooking times and temperatures usually range from 5 to 25 minutes at 350°F to 400°F, depending on the food you are cooking.
Let the food cook. To help it crisp up evenly, you may need to flip or turn the food halfway through the cooking period. It’s critical to clean your air fryer once you’ve finished cooking.
Air-fried foods have a similar flavor and texture to deep-fried foods. On the outside, it’s crispy, but within, it’s delicious. However, depending on what you’re cooking, you will only need a minimal quantity of oil, if any at all
What can you cook in an air fryer?
Despite the fact that many of the best air-fryer recipes are typically deep-fried foods, you can also use this mechanism to roast vegetables, cook meat, and bake cookies.
Is air-fried food healthy?
In some cases, air frying is often healthier than frying in oil. It decreases calories by 70% to 80% and has less fat. This cooking method may help relieve some of the other negative consequences of oil frying because it uses less oil. Frozen french fries prepared in the air fryer contain between 4 and 6 grams of fat versus their deep-fried counterparts, which have a whopping 17 grams per serving.
6 Biggest Benefits of Having an Air Fryer
- Healthier Cooking. The most critical factor for most people buying an air fryer is the prospect of healthier cooking.
- Fast, Safe, and Easy to Use.
- Crisp & Crunchy Food.
- It’s Very Versatile.
- Faster Than Oven Cooking.
- Easy to Clean.
Top 5 best air fryers in India
Inalsa Air Fryer Fry-Light-1400W with 4.2L Cooking Pan Capacity, Timer Selection, and Fully Adjustable Temperature Control, (Black/Silver)
About this item:
- With 1400w of electricity, this air fryer heats up in 2-3 minutes and cooks meals faster than a regular oven, allowing you to save money while lowering your calorie intake.
- Button for Quick Release: Pressing the release button allows you to detach your basket from the air-fryer for easy cleaning and short serving purpose
- Knob with Intelligence and Ease of Use: Turn the knob to the desired setting to alter the timer and temperature. Allow the knobs to handle the cooking; this air fryer can produce casseroles, curries, meat, chicken breasts, sausages, and even desserts.
- This air fryer can feed the whole family with a 2.9 L food basket and 4.2 L frying pan capacity. It makes cooking easy and is suited for any occasion.
- Mechanism of protection: This appliance automatically switches off basket removal for your safety. To prevent abrupt overloads, there is also overheat protection.
- Dishwasher Safe and Easy To Clean- The Detachable Food Graded Non-Stick Coated Basket is dishwasher safe and easy to clean; put the basket and pan in the dishwasher to clean, release your hands, and save time.
Instant Vortex Plus 6-in-1 Air Fryer, 6 Quart, 6 One-Touch Programs, Air Fry, Roast, Broil, Bake, Reheat, and Dehydrate
About this item
- Healthy: With Instant Pot’s new air fryer, the vortex plus, you can enjoy the taste and texture of all your favorite deep-fried items while eliminating the mess, oil, and fat.
- Save space: 6 built-in intelligent programs include an air fryer and programs to roast, broil, bake, reheat and dehydrate, all in one appliance.
- Save time: The vortex plus warm-up in a fraction of the time it takes a standard oven to heat up and cooks your food by blowing super-heated air around it; food cooks faster and more thoroughly in the air fryer than it would in a regular oven.
- The perfect crunch: Even crisp technology provides you a tender inside and a beautiful crispy finish while using up to 95% less oil for healthier and more delicious versions of your favorites.
- Large capacity: Room for 2 pounds of fries or a butterflied 4-pound chicken
- Easy peasy: It’s simple to use and much simpler to clean; In a matter of seconds, wipe away sticky finger residue from the fingerprint-resistant stainless steel embellishments.
Havells Prolife Digi 1230-Watts Air Fryer (Black), 4 Litres
About this item
- Capacity: 4 liters, Body – Plastic
PHILIPS Air Fryer HD9200/90, uses up to 90% less fat, 1400W, 4.1 Liter, with Rapid Air Technology (Black), Large
About this item
- With Rapid Air technology, Philips Airfryer HD9200/90 (4.1 Ltr) lets you grill, bake, roast, & even reheat your favorite dishes.
- Cook yummy food to crispy perfection with up to 90% less fat*
- 30 minutes timer with auto-off, temperature control up to 200 °C, 1.8 m cord length for easy maneuverability
- Not just fries, now make aloo tikkis, roast chicken, grilled vegetables, chocolate cakes, and many more dishes.
Prestige Electric Air Fryer PAF 6.0
About this item
- Frying basket capacity; fry, grill, roast, bake, and more – 2.0 liter
- Temperatures range from 80 to 200 degrees Celsius, and the timer can be set for 30 minutes.
- A smoke vent is used to absorb odors and smoke.
- Even heat distribution,1200 watts power
- Warranty: 1 Year