When it comes to beards, the bigger the better.
The past few years have been huge for lumbersexuals and their pogonophile partners. From the Goatee to the Mutton Chop, all sorts of bearded men are rocking the streets of urban India. For many of these worshippers of masculinity, this is a protest against the mainstream clean shaven look. Workplaces have become more casual and men are embracing the laidback look, wearing jeans instead of suits and eye-catching beards instead of clean shaven baby-faces have become a trend.
The ultimate goal of these bearded men is to add contrast and dimension to their face. Different face shapes deserve highlighting of certain facial features, and not every type of beard looks great on every man. We will not go into the details of which style will be the best for you. But whatever your style is, make sure to keep your freshly trimmed beard in top condition and wash regularly to get rid of problems like beard dandruff.
Styles are evolving and having the right kind of beard can be a great way to make a bold, unique statement with your look. Here are the four styles to consider according to the shape of your face:
- Styles for Square Face – Shaved or trimmed with sharp, precise lines near your cheekbones. Your beard is kept short on the sides and fuller on your chin to take advantage of your square jawline. Examples: Goatee Beard, Royale Beard, Goatee without moustache and Petite Goatee.
- Styles for Round Face – Your face looked slim with an angled shave along your cheekbones. Keeping hair full on your chin is the key. Examples: Van Dyke Beard, Short Boxed Beard, Balbo Beard and Anchor Beard.
- Styles for Oval Face – If your face is oval, you have the freedom to sport any style you like. Examples: Chevron, 3-Day Stubble Beard, Horseshoe Moustache, Original Stache and many more.
- Styles for Rectangular Face – Beard is kept shorter on the bottom and longer on the sides to flaunt your strong facial structure. Examples: Mutton Chops Beard, Gunslinger Beard and Moustache, Chin Strip, Chin Strap Style Beard, Soul Patch and Hipster Beard.
Although styles are changing, they’re not going away anytime soon. The beard is here to stay. From Ranveer Singh of Mumbai to Jason Momoa of Hollywood, it seems bearded men are ruling the red carpet once again for some cool reasons.. But what are those reasons? Let’s find out.
The popularity of beards is rising steadily because they make men look sexy and stylish, collect a lot of appreciation and are appealing to women. A few years back, a study discovered that women find men with facial hair more attractive than clean shaven ones. They show the strongest preference for heavy stubble. They also like light stubble and full beards. Unfortunately, clean-shaved gentlemen, like the writer of this article, are ranked the lowest on the sexy scale.
In another study, researchers found that a bearded man stands out and looks attractive when they are surrounded by their clean shaven brethrens. But the pros and cons of taming a beard, from harboring bacteria to reducing skin cancer, is a popular subject of research among hair experts and pogonophiles. Some studies suggest that growing a beard is harmful, and some suggests that the opposite is true because it works as a good protection against wind, chafing and traumatic injury, and for many it is simply a matter of pride and aesthetics.
Be it the chin-strap, the goatee, the neckbeard, or the Van Dyke, with beards sprouting everywhere like new grass, there has inevitably been a backlash. Pogonophobes, people who fear beards, are worried about the traces of disgusting bacteria, the sort usually found in faeces, in randomly sampled beards. However, the following facts will help you decide whether to grow a beard or not.
The health benefits of beards are as follows:
Protection against sun damage of skin
Beards act as an umbrella for your sun sensitive skin. They protect the skin from harmful UV rays if they are thick and dense on your face. The reflective property of hair, even though some UV rays get through, scatter the sunlight and protect your skin against sun damage.
Protection against cold
Some extra padding on your skin surely helps during the winter. Beards keep you warm by adding a layer of protection to your chin and neck. Longer and fuller the beard keeps you warm in colder weather by insulating your face.
More manly look
Some surveys found that men with a beard are perceived as the most attractive. Some studies suggest that men with full beards are in general better fathers who can do anything to protect and nurture their children. Men with beards are perceived as wise, powerful and authority, and anything powerful looks attractive to women.
Growing a beard is not easy
Growing a beard is difficult because, if your beard is not properly cared for, it can become a 5-star hotel for germs. Beards that are not cleaned properly can collect unwanted things like yeast and dandruff. You get itchiness, acne and flaking that may make your life miserable. Therefore, an epic beard is a sign of a man who can take care of himself well.
Tips for maintaining a healthy beard:
Let it grow
Even though a month is not enough to grow a beard, keep your trimmer away and give it atleast one month time to grow. You have no choice but to wait till your face gets covered with a thick beard in the initial stage. An epic beard doesn’t happen overnight.
Brush your unruly facial hair
Newly grown beard may look a little unruly and deserves regular brushing. Brushing helps facial hair to grow in one direction and gives you more control over your look. It also helps to keep your beard clean and healthy.
Shampoo your beard and wash it properly. A mild face wash or a moisturizing hair shampoo may help you prevent dry and brittle facial hair. Adding olive oil or other natural oils to your shampoo will keep your beard soft and give it a luster.
Use a moisturizer
You need to do this one important thing in the morning – moisturize your skin. It can feel like another chore, but as it turns out, moisturizing doesn’t just feel great, it can help keep your facial skin clear, smooth, and wrinkle-free even with a beard. Let’s face it – in winter, a hot shower feels great, but it strips the moisture right out of your skin. Put on some moisturizer and make sure your skin isn’t only clean, but protected from the stresses of the day and feeling alive. It’s important to moisturize the skin beneath your beard. Without proper moisture, the skin beneath your beard produces extra oil, which can cause acne beneath the beard, which is not good.
Give your body some rest
Like many people around the world, if you are worried about your hair loss, and because you are worried, not getting enough sleep every night, here is the bad news for you – you are going to lose more hair if you don’t get rid of these bad habits. These unhealthy habits can damage your physical health. Insufficient sleep causes several health issues like stress, skin issues, lack of energy level and a poor immunity system. Sleepless nights cause hair loss that can make you worried and stressful. Your body’s capacity to function properly decreases rapidly and leads to hair loss or hair thinning. Poor sleep conditions like sleep apnea affects the circadian cycle which may partially affect the growth cycle of the hair follicles.
A healthy diet keeps your hair strong and shiny. What you eat determines the beauty of your beard and hair and prevents hair loss. If you don’t give your body certain nutrients by eating the right kind of food, you might see the effects in your hair.
Essential fatty acids, especially omega-3s, keep your skin, body hair, facial hair and nails strong and healthy. Here are some foods rich in omega-3 that you must eat every day:
- Tuna, salmon, mackerel, and other fatty fish
- Flaxseeds, flaxseed oil, chia seeds, canola oil
- Soy beans, tofu and cruciferous
- Colorful vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts)
- Vitamins B6, B12, and folic acid
- Foods with B6 include bananas, potatoes (both white and sweet), and spinach. Major sources of B12 include meat, poultry, fish, and dairy products.
- Folic acid. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, especially citrus fruits and tomatoes.
- Whole-grain and fortified-grain products, beans, and lentils.
Protein keeps your beard healthy, but many people don’t eat enough. Including lean meats like fish and chicken, eggs, and soy products will help you get enough protein for your hair and beard. Eat one serving every day.
Take a daily multivitamin supplement because trace minerals like iron, magnesium, zinc, and biotin also affect hair.
The right foods are necessary but sometimes, genetic factors like male or female pattern baldness or hair loss can play a role. Thyroid disease, anemia, autoimmune diseases, and hormone issues may also cause changes or loss of facial hair.
You must eat a healthy diet to ensure that hair follicles are properly nourished. Also consider taking biotin, a vitamin that supports hair and nail growth.
Use beard oil
Your beard will remain soft and shiny if you use a beard oil to condition the beard and keep up its shine. A beard oil contains natural ingredients, as well as premium essential oils & extracts. It moisturizes the skin underneath your beard. Regular use of a good quality beard oil controls itchiness, flakes, and maintains follicle health. Remember, that the health of your beard depends on the health of the skin underneath it. How to use beard oil:
- Pour a few drops, no bigger than a small coin, into your hands.
- Massage the beard oil into the base of your beard.
- Work your hands through your beard until you’ve evenly spread the oil over your beard. From root to tip, and the underlying skin.
- Apply beard oil once every day when the weather is dry, like in winter, and in 2two to three times a week in more humid climates.
Trim it up
Whether you want a full beard or some other trendy look, you need the right tools to beautify your beard. If clippers are not something you want to use, see your barber for styling your mane. In this article we will talk about the top 10 beard trimmer in India that will help you get the kind of look you want.
Trimming is an essential part of beard care. Maintaining a well trimmed hair is a healthy habit. Scissors are better than instead of trimmers which can more easily create split ends. Scissors allow you to more fine tune your beard’s shape.
Every few weeks, stand in front of a mirror with a pair of scissors and snip off uneven patches and split ends. Simply follow the natural contour of your face. Keep a rounded shape, while keeping all the hairs in a uniform length. Brush your beard with a small comb to discover and trim all the loose ends.
Trim your neckline
You must use a trimmer around your beard neck line. Trim your neckline every 2 weeks. Just take two fingers and put them on your Adam’s apple. The top finger is where you should trim your beard and do not follow your natural jawline to avoid looking weird.
Your beard, hair, and skin tells the condition of your inner health. A thick, healthy beard is a result of exercise, proper dietl, good sleep, disciplined lifestyle and limited alcohol.
With aisles and aisles of beard care products designed to improve the look and condition of your facial hair, many of us forget that the most important things we can do for our beard and hair is to eat a balanced diet that enriches the hair strands.
Eating well and giving your body enough time to sleep well ensures that your hair gets what it needs to grow fast without breakage and dryness. A strong, shiny, soft hair is not something that makes you look and feel good—it also shows how well-nourished you are.
So, the next time you admire your beard in the mirror, give credit to the healthy lifestyle that you maintain. And don’t forget to see your doctor or a hair expert if you need.
Now let’s see how to trim your beard properly with the best hair trimmers in India.
How to trim your beard? This is a hairy question. As a lumbersexual being, the first thing that you need to trim is obviously the best beard trimmer with great performance, to achieve that well-groomed beard look. Whether you’ve decided to grow an epic beard, or something with sharp lines, or a faded look, or already have one that’s getting a little tough to handle, we’ve created a guide to picking the best beard trimmers or the Top 10 Beard Trimmers that can help you maintain your manly look in the society.
For some, it can be a bit of a headache choosing what trimmer to buy, especially when supermarket aisles are flooded with attractive products from different brands. Keep reading and you will be able to figure out what exactly you need to trim your beard.
Brand is optional.
Braun, panasonic and Philips may rule the heart of brand lovers, but when it comes to buying a trimmer, men look for something that has all the features to get the job done. If you are brand loyal, buy a product from that brand, but make sure that it has all the features that you really need to perfect your bearded look.
Quality is everything.
You want a beard trimmer that lasts and therefore you must look out for products made with stainless steel blades. You should also consider a trimmer that is ergonomically designed to give you a good grip. A good grip helps you to avoid any accidental slips.
If power sockets and cords don’t bother you and if you fancy using the trimmer only at home, you don’t need a fancy, expensive cordless trimmer.
Length options are important.
The adjustable combs that attach to the trimmer allow for different cutting lengths. You should buy a trimmer that comes with adjustable combs of various cutting lengths. Some of the best trimmers have a precision trimmer too. Those extra blades are small and concealed, and can be twisted around to join the main blade.
Dry or wet trimming
If you like to trim during or after the shower, go for wet trimmers. However, there are trimmers that work for both dry and wet trimming.
Budget is a factor.
The price of a beard trimmer depends on its features. There are some beard trimmers that can be used on the body as well as the face, and some are made for precision or stubble. These trimmers are obviously more expensive than other products.
Here is the list of Top 10 Trimmers that will help you to style your beard the way you want:
- Unique OneBlade can style, trim and shave, while keeping the skin feeling soft
- Rechargeable battery delivers 45 minutes of constant performance
- Water resistant: Can be used wet or dry
- Each blade lasts up to 4 months
- Includes Oneblade replacement blade, rechargeable handle and 3 trimming combs 1, 3 and 5 mm
- 2 year warranty on product registration
- Up to 45 minutes of cordless use after10 hours charging
- 10 lock-in length settings and cutting length of the product is 0.5mm-10mm with 1mm precision
- Easy to use: Cordless use. Automatic voltage: 100-240 V
- 30% faster trimming with Lift and Cut System
- Long lasting performance – 2 plus 1 Year warranty after registration
- Skin friendly blades with rounded tip to prevent irritation
- Blade Material: Self sharpening Stainless steel blades with skin friendly rounded tips
- Length Settings: 40 length settings with 0.5mm precision with two combs
- Run Time and Charging Time: Ultra powerful Battery with up to 90min of cordless usage with 2hour charge time
- Easy to use: Versatile Corded and Cordless usage
- IPX7 with a fully washable body for easy cleaning
- Travel Safe with the Travel lock feature
- Unique quad edge design to reach tough spots effortlessly
- Syska HT700 gives up to 45 minutes of cordless use after 8 hours charging; It comes with USB cable for more flexible and convenient charging through any USB adaptor or your laptop or computer; Comes without adaptor in the charging cable
- 0.5mm high precision blades with Beard Trimmer Comb – 20mm lock-in length setting to keep your style versatile; The Trim Dial lets you adjust from 1mm to 10mm; Ideal for trimming neckline, light touch up and edging around ears
- Comes with charging indicator; Turns Red when charging; Cordless trimmer – use anytime, anywhere for up to 45 minutes
- Detachable self-sharpening stainless-steel head for easy cleaning
- Ergonomically designed trimmer comes with 2 years warranty
- 1 year brand warranty from date of purchase. Full refund of money or replacement with brand new product in case of any issues with the product.
- Length adjustment – adjustable comb settings from 0.4 to 10 mm
- Cordless- Use the trimmer cordless anytime, anywhere for up to 50 minutes
- Takes 8 hours to get fully charged. USB cable provided
- Detachable stainless steel and fully washable blades to maintain hygiene
- Ustraa Chrome Beard Trimmer for men Corded & Cordless with Quick Charging & Titanium Coated Stainless Steel Blade – 5 Adjustable Combs
- Large titanium coated T-Shaped blades, sturdy ABS combs that don’t rattle, better comb locking mechanism and self-sharpening blade edge that give you the perfect trim, every time.
- It runs on a smartphone like Lithium ion battery which gives 90-120 minutes of cordless usage time with a quick charge time of just 60 minutes.
- Sleek body design that gives you a better grip, LCD battery indicator and a kickass chrome finish that looks as good as your beard.
- Rechargeable all-in-one wet & dry trimmer with unprecedented cutting performance vs. previous generations of Braun beard trimmers
- 9-in-1 trimmer for beard, face, hair, body, ear and nose trimming, and a free Gillette Fusion5 ProGlide razor for clean shaving
- Lifetime Sharp Blades & 4 combs 13 length settings (0.5-21mm) for ultimate styling precision for men
- Comes with Body groomer head and travel pouch
- AutoSensing motor that adapts to any beard type for an effortless trimming experience
- Braun Beard Trimmer BT3221 and Hair Clipper for Men, Lifetime Sharp Blades, 20 Length Settings, 50mins cordless trimming, Black/Volt Green
- Precision dial for 20 length settings in 0.5 mm step sizes for an effortless trimming experience
- Lifetime Sharp Blades for even beard trimming and hair clipping
- Create accurate lines and edges on neck and cheek with the main beard trimmer head
- German technology and ergonomic build, for up to 50 mins of cordless trimming
- Sharper, faster, more efficient vs all previous generations of Braun beard trimmers
- Quick adjust dial for easy length setting: Turn dial to easily adjust comb up and down into 12 settings From 0.2-1.8 cm. No need for multiple comb attachments.
- Japanese Blade Technology: High performance blade for precision cutting.
- Washable Detachable blade for easy maintenance.
- Cord/cordless operation: AC rechargeable, providing up to 40 minutes of cordless usage.
- Ergonomic design: Convenient and easy to handle, with a lightweight design makes it as portable as it is durable.
- Charge indicator lamp: The indicator lamp glows during charging.
- Havells BT9009 Digital Display Beard & Moustache Trimmer, Fast Charge Allows 30 + Trims, 19 Built-in Precise Lengths (Black & Red)
- Capture trim technology ensures 2x faster cutting in 1 stroke
- Micro USB rechargeable beard trimmer with 120 minutes run time after 90 minutes of full charge
- Digital display lets you be on top of your battery life
- Zoom wheel comb attachment to customize your beard length from 0.5 mm to 10 mm with a step size of 0.5 mm
- Auto lock zoom wheel
- Cord and cordless use for hassle free trimming
Also Read: Top 10 Best Ergonomic Chairs in India – 2021